Payworks is Canada’s fastest growing workforce management solutions provider and a multi-year winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. With over 20,000 clients from coast to coast and more than 300+ employees, we currently have an opportunity for a Client Service Representative working out of our Head office in Winnipeg.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of client expectations, promotion of a high level of client care and support in their response to client enquires.
Payworks takes pride in delivering superior customer service to our clients across Canada. We are committed to providing opportunities for personal growth and development that encourage associates to excel and make a real difference throughout their career.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE PAYWORKS
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plan
- Excellent pension plan with employer contributions
- No dress code
- Free parking and employee gym onsite
- Community-minded culture – receive a paid day per year to volunteer and lots of opportunities to “pay it forward”
- Cool perks – Annual Wellness Subsidy, Costco Membership, Parental Leave Benefits, Flex Time and more!
- Follow us on Twitter to see why our employees and clients choose @PayworksInc.
- Answer and assume full responsibility and ownership of incoming client calls, e-mails, or projects, while ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
- Professionally assist clients while simultaneously navigating through various online applications.
- Uncover client needs through the use of effective probing techniques, active listening, and communication skills.
- Accurately implement changes to company set-up and input payroll data with attention to detail.
- Balance multiple client commitments against new requests in a fast paced, dynamic, and fun environment.
- Identify, recommend, or refer to any issues or opportunities which arise from client queries to the appropriate internal Team.
- Consistently provide superior customer service to all clients.
- Communication skills; probing, active listening, writing, and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills a necessity.
- Possess technical and logical problem-solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Internet and Email.
- Previous Help Desk/Client Care and Payroll experience would be considered an asset.
- Must have strong desktop PC skills.
- Completion of the CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) Certified Payroll Practitioner Level 1 course considered an asset.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate along with a fun, friendly and flexible working environment