See Yourself in Our Story
Do you want to be a voice for seniors in Calgary? Do you want to help build communities that support independence, dignity and aging in community? Do you want to be part of a best-in-class results-based organization?
Our employees make a difference in the Silvera story and in the unique stories of each of our 1,500 residents. Our team works every day in our resident’s homes as leading advocates and caring providers of affordable homes and services for lower-income seniors.
We believe in a diverse workforce, career advancement, employee recognition and offering competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to ongoing training and support for all employees, which helps them to create their careers and excel in providing professional and superior service to our residents.
This, we believe, makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work.
See yourself in our story as a Housekeeper.
We currently have a Part Time opportunity in our Aspen Community in NE Calgary. Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor, the Housekeeper is responsible for the overall cleanliness and safety of the community during their shift.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the daily cleaning of resident units including bed-making, linen and towel changing.
- Responsible for the laundry and cleanliness of all common areas and flooring.
- Responsible for the overall security and safety of the community and residents during the assigned shift
- Resolves any emergency situations which may arise and completes all paperwork and follows procedures as required
- Reports any safety issues to the Community Manager and is knowledgeable in emergency procedures and can act accordingly
- Completion of Grade 12 Diploma or a GED.
- Prior experience in a related field a definite asset.
- Must possess a high standard of hygiene and personal appearance
- Previous housekeeping experience is essential. A minimum one (1) years’ experience in a service industry
- Good Communication skills and excellent customer service skills, Pleasing attitude and the ability to relate to seniors.
- Must have Food Handling course, WHMIS, and First Aid or willing to take
For further information about Silvera for Seniors, we encourage you to visit our website at www.silvera.ca
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.