See Yourself in Our Story
Active Aging Assistant
Do you want to be a voice for seniors in Calgary? Do you want to help build communities that support independence, dignity, and aging in a community? Do you want to be part of a best-in-class results-based organization?
Our employees make a difference in the Silvera story and in the unique stories of each of our 1,500 residents. Our team works every day in our resident’s homes as leading advocates and caring providers of affordable homes and services for lower-income seniors.
We believe in a diverse workforce, career advancement, employee recognition and offering a competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to ongoing training and support for all employees, which helps them to create their careers and excel in providing professional and superior service to our residents.
This, we believe, makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work.
See yourself in our story as an Active Aging Assistant who works across several of our communities.
We currently have a casual Active Aging Assistant opportunity with our organization. Reporting to the Active Aging Manager, the Active Aging Assistant works in accordance with our 6 Dimensions of Wellness; physical, mental, spiritual, cultural, vocational and social well-being of each resident. This individual will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of a variety of recreational programs
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the facilitation of programs as scheduled by the Active Aging Coordinator in accordance with the program calendar or independently facilitate by the resident
- Arrange a time with new residents to complete the Active Aging section in the orientation package and promote the program calendar by interacting with residents to encourage participation
- Arrange and set-up space and materials required for programming. Assist residents with the program as needed and as independently as possible
- Supervise and support scheduled outings away from the community
- Facilitate monthly Resident Active Aging Meeting (RAAM) with residents
- Keep track of participation attendance and volunteer hours on a daily/monthly basis
- Demonstrates a passion for and experience working with seniors
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Recreation studies/gerontology is preferred or a combination of experience and education
- Demonstrates creativeness, enthusiasm and a positive, team-oriented attitude is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word; utilizing Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook
- Has had previous experience working and supporting volunteers
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to the current high volume of applications, we will not be accepting phone calls about individual applications.
All pre-screen questions must be completed for an application to be processed.
All offers made are contingent upon a successful criminal record check.
For further information on us, please visit our website: www.silvera.ca.