See Yourself in Our Story
Resident Support Coordinator
Do you want to be a voice for seniors in Calgary? Do you want to help build communities that support independence, dignity, and aging in a community? Do you want to be part of a best-in-class results-based organization?
Our employees make a difference in the Silvera story and in the unique stories of each of our 1,500 residents. Our team works every day in our resident’s homes as leading advocates and caring providers of affordable homes and services for lower-income seniors.
We believe in a diverse workforce, career advancement, employee recognition and offering a competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to ongoing training and support for all employees, which helps them to create their careers and excel in providing professional and superior service to our residents.
This, we believe, makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work.
See yourself in our story as a Resident Support Coordinator at our Admin Office or Beaverdam community
We currently have a full-time & a part time contractual opportunity of Resident Support Coordinator with our organization. As a member of the Support Services team and reporting to the Resident Support Supervisor, this position assists Community Management, Placement Coordinators, and residents within the spectrum of services. The Resident Support Coordinators support residents to enhance their well-being by providing information, individual support, access and referral to services and programs.
- Reviews and prioritizes referrals within designated communities;
- Facilitates appropriate placement of residents in Silvera communities through interview, tour and assessment processes.
- Provides support to residents and their families in the transition process for residents arriving, during orientation, transferring between communities and transferring outside of Silvera.
- Provides comprehensive case management services including:
- Community referrals, basic needs, and resource coordination,
- Intake and assessment of program clients,
- Eliciting and supporting of client-driven case management and goal plans.
- Provides supportive counseling related to issues of mental health, trauma and addictions and crisis support and intervention.
- Completes and maintains all necessary resident forms and documentation, including case notes, incident reports, releases of information and consultations.
- Actively participates in team meetings, resident meetings, case consultations, and any relevant committees, project and events, as requested.
- Works collaboratively with Silvera teams and external partners to focus on proactive interventions with residents and families, in order to support optimal resident functioning and engagement.
- Degree or diploma in Social Work and registration with ACSW or eligibility to obtain
- Strong knowledge of the aging process, elder abuse, mental health, disability, poverty, and isolation.
- Teamwork philosophy of collaboration and cooperation is required as it is necessary to coordinate the involvement of other colleagues on the team and throughout the agency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude are essential for success. Strong communication and listening skills essential.
- Excellent assessment and conflict resolution skills.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and use of own vehicle are required.
- Ability to work within different environments, with the flexibility and physical capability to travel around the city to Silvera communities for meetings with residents and related events.
- Flexibility and ability to respond to a variety of changing duties and work routines; on occasion work under somewhat stressful situations.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to the current high volume of applications, we will not be accepting phone calls about individual applications.
All pre-screen questions must be completed for an application to be processed. All offers made are contingent upon a successful criminal record check.
For further information on us, please visit our website: www.silvera.ca.