ECO Canada is the steward for
the Canadian environmental workforce across all industries. From job creation
and wage funding, to training and labour market research – we champion the
end-to-end career of an environmental professional. We work with the federal,
provincial, and municipal governments in all Canadian regions to support
economic growth and environmental stewardship as best practice.
When you work at ECO Canada, you
are supporting the growth of an abundant environmental workforce. Along with
competitive compensation, we provide the opportunity to work alongside a
dynamic team that values collaboration, high performance and, of course,
celebrating our successes! We believe that rewarding, meaningful work should be
part of every step of the career journey.
We are hiring a talented and versatile digital
storyteller and content publisher who understands how to tell compelling
stories through digital channels and engage audiences across multiple
platforms. This role will be responsible for creating content to support a
variety of narratives, initiatives, as well as coordinating design and message
- Are you a storyteller, able to write and develop innovative content
with an eye for design?
- Are you passionate about digital media and able to develop, package
and produce digital campaigns to captivate both internal and external
- Can you meet deadlines and produce high-quality content at the
speed of a newsroom?
- Do you want to see your content widely distributed and savvy with
data, analytics and digital publishing?
- Can you work closely and collaborate with colleagues to share
stories in an engaging way across multiple channels and platforms?
If so, we want to hear from you!
to the Team Lead of Marketing Communications, you will work closely with
research, sales and program fulfillment teams to produce engaging content.
will write, package and deliver content to employee and external
audiences, leveraging digital and social assets.
will produce content across a number of platforms (online, print, social
and mobile) that will help influence stakeholders, increase engagement and
drive in qualified leads.
will be a champion for content excellence and play a key role in
developing the stories that we tell and how we share them with our key
audiences, ensuring alignment with lead generation strategy.
will play a key role in developing research reports, eBooks, guides and
other lead generation assets, including leveraging data and analytics to
drive better content and present insights for colleagues and partners.
- Creative mindset and ability to write high-quality, polished copy.
- Detail oriented and strong editorial skills.
- Deep understanding of how to communicate to different audiences,
with experience planning content, tailoring messaging, and managing
- Client-driven focus and ability to produce high-quality content
with minimal turnaround.
- Experienced in new media: interactive graphics, photo and video
editing is an asset.
- Knowledge of digital storytelling and how to amplify content across
- Self-motivated, ability to manage multiple initiatives
independently in a fast-paced environment and excel under tight deadlines.
- Experience using data to guide messaging and content development.
- Ability to listen and discern a clear call to action and collaborate
with teams and program leads.
- Masterful knowledge of written English and grammatical principles.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in digital content creation, journalism,
corporate or agency environment.
education in, marketing, communications, journalism or a related field
- Proven track record relating to user experience, content management
systems and SEO best practices.
- Experience with email
marketing platforms (Act-On, Mailchimp etc.)
- Graphic design and
interactive media experience (Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva).
- Social media management
(Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) and knowledge of content tools
- Experience using MS
Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
A portfolio of samples will be requested should you
be contacted for an interview.
This role is temporary contract
position until March 31, 2021. If you feel you are the perfect fit for the position
and looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible and defined by our
collective drive for success, please apply now through our website. Please
upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file. Applicants who do
not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. No phone calls please.