The successful candidate will provide civil engineering services from the conceptual level through to detailed bid documents on major infrastructure projects, in varied fields including; municipal, drainage, transportation, infrastructure renewals, and airport engineering. You will also perform system analysis, planning, and modeling for hydrologic and hydraulic drainage, sanitary, and water systems.
The position may require occasional domestic and international travel for project related meetings during design and construction. Further, you will be responsible for actively participating in the Orion Health and Safety Plan and the Quality Management Plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or other related engineering degree applicable to design and/or construction of civil infrastructure projects.
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering, and eligible for registration in other provinces and states.
- 4+ years of experience in civil infrastructure design and drainage modeling experience.
- Previous experience with modeling programs such as SWMM, HEC-RAS, and HEC-HMS, or similar.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD Civil3D and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in Airport design and knowledge of FAA/ICAO Standards would be a definite asset but not a requirement.
- Must be able to pass TSA Security Screening and Background Check for working at commercial airports.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Experience in writing reports and technical communications and client communications.
- Must be extremely well-organized and have the ability to manage and prioritize numerous tasks to ensure a commitment to project delivery and quality management.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Primary place of business will be British Columbia.
- Travel to project sites and Orion business offices in Seattle, WA and Honolulu, HI.
- Field work in various environments, including municipalities and commercial airports.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Orion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment opportunities are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.