Headquartered in Mississauga Ontario, TerrAscend provides quality products, brands, and services to the global cannabinoid market. As the first North American Operator (NAO), with scale operations in both Canada and the US, the Company participates in the medical and legal adult use market across Canada and in several US states where cannabis has been legalized for therapeutic or adult use. Additionally, TerrAscend will soon be the first and only cannabis company with sales in Europe as well as the US and Canada as it has received EU GMP certification for its manufacturing facility in Mississauga, Ontario. TerrAscend operates a number of synergistic businesses, including Arise Bioscience Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of hemp-derived products; Ascendant Laboratories Inc., a biotechnology and licensing company committed to the continuous improvement of cannabinoid expressing plants; and Solace RX Inc., a proposed Drug Preparation Premises (DPP) focused on the development of novel formulations and delivery forms.
Please visit www.TerrAscend.com for more information about the Company.
We are looking for a Project Engineer to join our growing team!
The Project Engineer is primarily responsible for the successful execution of TerrAscend Capital Projects and Initiatives that support Business Growth and New Business. The Project Engineer is also responsible for equipment specification, installation and qualification to improve safety, product quality, and process efficiency.
- Oversees engineering projects, defining the project scope, project activities, milestones, and contractor, facility, and customer requirements
- Effectively utilizes project management tools to meet project objectives, efficiently utilize resources, control timelines and maintain budget
- Maintains detailed Project files
- Provides recommendations for new equipment, processes, or technologies with a key focus on Business Growth
- Provides technical assistance to Operations and Marketing teams in evaluating process equipment and/or materials as required
- Participates in Equipment and/or Process Deviation Root Cause Analyses
- Preparation of technical and process engineering documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies (i.e. Health Canada, CFIA, MOL, MOE, etc.)
- Provides detailed processing parameters during the commissioning of new equipment (IQ/OQ/PQ), updates procedures for production (SOPs) and educates Operations staff
- Maintains “As-Built” drawings including site layouts and P&IDs
- Ensures all Safety Reviews, including PSHRs, are completed
- Supervises contractor project work on-site, as required
- Other duties as assigned
Key Project Initiatives:
- Action Oriented
- Priority Setting
- Technical Learning
- Understanding Others
- Written Communications
Education and Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree required, preferably in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience working on Capital Engineering Projects, budgets up to $500,000
- Minimum Engineer-In-Training (EIT) designation, P. Eng designation a strong asset
- PMP designation a strong asset
- Experience working in a cGMP and HACCP environments
- Ability to work with MS Office Applications
- G-License and access to a vehicle required
- Able to work weekends as required
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to be able to lift up to 25kg, sit or stand for extended periods of time, reach with arms and hands.
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete criminal and reference check.
TerrAscend thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
TerrAscend is a supporter of AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act). Accommodation will be provided to all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
TerrAscend is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer