What you’ll do:
Sales and Customer Support
- Work directly with clients to discuss their needs and identify solutions using both new product features and existing Fannex infrastructure.
- Evaluate and identify software solutions for the involved stakeholders by conducting research, gathering information, and interpreting data.
- Facilitate meetings with user groups and stakeholders to gather, understand, and document product/service software requirements.
Product Development Support
- Focus on defining and managing both functional and non-functional requirements across multiple projects at a given time for both internal and external stakeholders. Typical deliverables include but are not limited to developing the necessary project artifacts such as logical models, user stories, user flows, information architecture, requirement definitions and other documentation as deemed necessary to properly represent the solution.
- Assist in the creating timelines for the project, cost analysis, budgeting, and troubleshooting.
- Work closely with the development team in all software development projects ensuring available resources are suitable for the scope of the project.
- Maintain continuous communication with key stakeholders and developers throughout development and testing to ensure the final product meets requirements and expected outcomes.
- Support the quality assurance cycle by helping to develop test case scenarios for functional enhancements.
- Perform data analysis and testing on live programs to illustrate program adherence to goals and to isolate areas of improvements.
- Share skills and expertise with team members while instilling a creative and collaborative environment.
Documentation & Delivery Support
- Create documentation that outlines all aspects of the system and/or application for future reference and product maintenance.
- Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes
- Support the sales and customer success teams by writing customer training tools that are informative and appropriate for the end user.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related discipline such as Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a web-based software development environment.
- Maintains awareness of mobile, web technology standards and trends with the ability to make recommendations around new implementations.
- Sound background with RDBMS technologies and modeling techniques
- Proven experience with software development in an Agile and Waterfall environment.
- Background in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic, Excel, Word, Outlook and HTML.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and hardworking, both independently and in a team environment, in a fast paced, high pressure, on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of IS Methodologies, processes and practices, and experience with functional systems analysis, modeling and design.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, including the ability to communicate effectively to a non-technical audience.