trains and certifies Canada’s environmental professionals. We maintain Canada’s
premier online job board and training academy for environmental careers and set
the standards for certified Environmental Professionals (EPs). Since 1992, all
of ECO Canada’s services are responsive to industry demand with insight from
ongoing labour market research.
competitive benefits and compensation with a great work environment. We are
serious about performance, but we also know how to celebrate successes and have
fun along the way!
ECO Canada is eagerly seeking
an inquisitive, self-motivated, engaging individual who wants to be part of a
dynamic team as an experienced Full Stack Developer. Reporting to the VP of
Finance and Operations, you will be responsible for implementing a website
redesign, ensuring that all online platforms are healthy and well optimized as
well as on-going development of user-centric content. If you work well under
pressure, like to problem solve and have a passion for building and maintaining
websites, you'll love working here!
- Maintain and modify the company website
(wordpress) as needed.
- Implement development activities associated
with a full website redesign project.
- Work closely with external design and
- Maintain existing website health, ensuring
page load speed is minimized.
- Proactively troubleshoot and problem solve potential
development and design issues.
- Work cross functionally across various
departments and communicate needs and status updates clearly.
- Create and implement a customer facing
responsive UI to meet the requirements of the customer and company.
- Develop webserver code to interact with the
web UI as well as API’s to interface remote data sources to a MySQL database.
- Develop methodologies to display insightful
reports that can help our team improve future design and development decisions.
- Develop scripting for data manipulation
between database sources.
- Provide web/cloud recommendations to support
the company’s future growth.
- Roll out any new, relevant processes and
insights across all parts of the business.
- Develop and deploy web interfaces
including layout design and concept.
- Create web site development plans to determine timelines and
estimates for completing web projects.
- Ensure that web-based applications are optimized for third-party
search engines and tools.
- Create and maintain log files of web site hits by unique visitors,
number of pages viewed, and other web metrics.
- Code database-driven web sites; test the web site in order to
address and fix database/web site interoperability errors.
- Update web sites, intranets, extranets, etc. as required.
- Set up web site hosting, either in-house or third party.
- Create legible documentation for all aspects regarding the design
and deployment of web-based applications.
- Stay informed of existing and emerging Internet and web
- Provide technical graphics assistance to production personnel,
content authors, publishers, clients, and/or vendors/service providers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
- University degree in computer science or information systems preferred,
or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- At least 4 years of direct work experience on web production and
- Strong experience with front end (HTML, CSS, and Java) and back end
development (PHP, ASP.Net, etc)
- Solid understanding of web architectures, user-centric design, and
- Strong knowledge of browser compatibility problems for all
platforms and major browser types.
- Experience working with web content management software such as Wordpress
- Skilled in the use of Macromedia Studio MX Suite, Adobe Creative
Suite, DVD Studio Pro, Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Office, video and audio
editing software, and other applications.
- Strong knowledge of page layout and photographic requirements.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
This role is a
full-time position, with a three-month probationary period upon start date. If
you feel you are the perfect fit for the position and looking to join a company
culture that is fun, flexible and defined by our collective drive for success, please
apply now through our website. Applicants who do not include a cover letter
will not be considered.
We thank all
applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No
phone calls please.