See Yourself in Our Story
Floater Dining Attendant
Do you want to be a voice for seniors in Calgary? Do you want to help build communities that support independence, dignity, and aging in a community? Do you want to be part of a best-in-class results-based organization?
Our employees make a difference in the Silvera story and in the unique stories of each of our 1,500 residents. Our team works every day in our resident’s homes as leading advocates and caring providers of affordable homes and services for lower-income seniors.
We believe in a diverse workforce, career advancement, employee recognition and offering a competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to ongoing training and support for all employees, which helps them to create their careers and excel in providing professional and superior service to our residents.
This, we believe, makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work.
See yourself in our story as a Floater Dining Attendant.
We currently have a full-time permanent opportunity with our Willow Park On The Bow Community. Reporting to the Dining Services Coordinator, the Cook is responsible for the preparation and delivery of meals as assigned and responsible to act in the capacity of the Dining Services Supervisor in their absence.
- Responsible to serve meals and beverages in a polite and professional manner
- Responsible for the daily/weekly cleaning, cleaning and setting up of the dining room and staff room
- Responsible for the daily/weekly food preparation and clean-up duties in the kitchen as scheduled and directed by the Dining Service Supervisor
- Completes documentation of required tasks
- Responsible for the setup, delivery, and cleanup of the coffee area between meals
- Reports resident concerns to the Dining Service Supervisor or Community Resident Manager
- Responsible to act in the capacity of a Cook as requested
- Participates in and promotes Silvera’s Health and Safety program. Reports any safety issues to the Community Resident Manager or designate and is knowledgeable in emergency procedures and can act accordingly
- Responsible to account for all residents at mealtimes as required and reports any unexplained absences to the Dining Service Supervisor or Community Resident Manager
- Responsible for the overall security and safety of the community and residents during the assigned shift
- Resolves any emergency situations which may arise and completes all paperwork and follows procedures as required during the assigned shift
- Reports any unsafe work conditions to the Community Resident Manager or designate
- Responsible to assist with the receiving and stocking of all food, non-food supplies, and chemicals
- May be responsible for performing housekeeping duties
- Other duties as assigned
Please Note: We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to the high volume of applications, we will not be accepting phone calls about individual applications. All pre-screen questions must be answered for an application to be processed. All offers made are contingent upon a successful criminal record check. For further information on us, please visit our website: www.silvera.ca.