To provide civil engineering services related to planning, assessments, design, project management, and construction management of civil, municipal, land development, and infrastructure renewal projects. Participate in business development and marketing activities to promote engineering services, and be responsible for preparing proposals in response to RFP/RFQ and other client solicitations.
The position may require occasional domestic and international travel for project related meetings during design and construction. Further, you will be responsible for actively participating in the Orion Health and Safety Plan and the Quality Management Plan.
Qualification Requirements for this Job Title
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 10+ years post graduate experience in Civil Engineering.
- Must be able to pass TSA Security Screening and Background Check for working at commercial airports.
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering with the ability obtain licensure in other provinces and/or states.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD Civil3D and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in writing proposals, engineering reports, and technical and client communications.
- Must be extremely well-organized and have the ability to manage and prioritize numerous tasks to ensure a commitment to project delivery, client service, and quality management.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be able to travel as required to complete duties on projects.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Primary place of business will be British Columbia.
- Travel to project sites and Orion business offices in Seattle, WA and Honolulu, HI.
- Field work in various environments, including municipalities and commercial airports.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Orion Engineers & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment opportunities are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.