See Yourself in Our Story
Community Assistant Manager
Do you want to be a voice for seniors in Calgary? Do you want to help build communities that support independence, dignity and aging in community? Do you want to be part of a best-in-class results-based organization?
Our employees make a difference in the Silvera story and in the unique stories of each of our 1,500 residents. Our team works every day in our resident’s homes as leading advocates and caring providers of affordable homes and services for lower-income seniors.
We believe in a diverse workforce, career advancement, employee recognition and offering competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to ongoing training and support for all employees, which helps them to create their careers and excel in providing professional and superior service to our residents.
This, we believe, makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work.
See yourself in our story as a Community Assistant Manager
We currently have a full-time opportunity in our Aspen Community in NE Calgary. The Community Assistant Manager works as part of a team with the Community Manager to support all management functions of the residence, with particular emphasis on services to residents and their families, managing staff, and operating suites. The Community Assistant Manager is also responsible to act in the role of the Community Resident Manager on a short-term basis in order to accommodate management continuity in the absence of the Community Manager
Key responsibilities include:
- Assesses and facilitates response to the needs, concerns, interests of seniors in the residence
- Promotes the safety and wellbeing of residents considering various levels of need
- In collaboration with the Community Manager implements risk management plans for residents with higher needs
- Engages and communicates with residents’ families to promote awareness and understanding of the resident’s needs and opportunities to maximize wellbeing.
- Actively participates in the placement process for the residence, contributing to decisions that result in placement suitability, and optimal use of living units
- Actively participates in recruitment, hiring, orientation, training, scheduling, supervision and exit of residence staff
- Participates in the development and implementation of strategies to maximize occupancy
- Actively participates in budgeting, forecasting, conflict resolution, prepare staffing schedule.
- Advanced education preferably in hospitality management or equivalent
- Two+ years supervisory and/or leadership experience in a similar environment preferred
- Computer literacy required, with intermediate knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, Excel and Internet usage preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of WHMIS and Health and Safety Programs
- Knowledge of seniors, gerontology, and income and housing issues preferred
- Knowledge of food service, housekeeping and facility operations preferred
- Must be willing and able to travel to work at different Silvera resident communities
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.