Headquartered in Mississauga Ontario, TerrAscend provides quality products, brands, and services to the global cannabinoid market. As the first North American Operator (NAO), with scale operations in both Canada and the US, the Company participates in the medical and legal adult use market across Canada and in several US states where cannabis has been legalized for therapeutic or adult use. Additionally, TerrAscend will soon be the first and only cannabis company with sales in Europe as well as the US and Canada as it has received EU GMP certification for its manufacturing facility in Mississauga, Ontario. TerrAscend operates a number of synergistic businesses, including Arise Bioscience Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of hemp-derived products; Ascendant Laboratories Inc., a biotechnology and licensing company committed to the continuous improvement of cannabinoid expressing plants; and Solace RX Inc., a proposed Drug Preparation Premises (DPP) focused on the development of novel formulations and delivery forms.
Haven St. Premium Cannabis is TerrAscend’s recreational use brand. Invented by the innovative, crafted by the curious, and expanded by the explorers. Here, every door leads to experience and discovery waits around every corner.
You may: Find inner peace. Reset your soul. Focus your mind. Escape to slumber. Rise to unbelievable sensation. Each block on Haven St. is a new experience to discover, and every address delivers a new variation.
Please visit www.TerrAscend.com and www.HavenSt.ca for more information about the Company and brand.
Like the cannabis industry itself, Haven St. Premium Cannabis is new, and we’re growing fast!! As part of our growth, we’re looking for a dynamic leader to join us on Haven St. as part of the TerrAscend Adult Use Business Team. This role will be critical as TerrAscend continues to bring new brands into the marketplace.
We are looking for a Key Account Manager & Business Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the National Sales Director, Adult-Use Team, the Key Account Manager & Business Analyst will employ a data-centric approach to Key Account Management and overall National Business Analysis. Your success will be based on your ability to understand the critical customer needs, develop and deploy creative selling solutions to drive volume & profitability, analyze customer & consumer trends and guide overall strategic direction.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Manage all Key Accounts as assigned. Establish TerrAscend as a first-choice partner with all Key Accounts.
- Customer base includes a mix of Multi-Store Private Retailers, Provincial and National Chains as well as Provincial Cannabis Boards.
- In conjunction with the National Sales Director and Marketing stakeholders, develop strategic and tactical customer plans for all assigned Key Accounts.
- Identify new distribution opportunities and build productive Partnerships that maximize profitable share and volume through distribution, visibility, and service.
- Present and secure new listings with the Provincial Cannabis Board Product and Category Managers
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of Customer action plans and take corrective action as needed
- Partner with internal stakeholders for post-evaluation of executed plans and strategies
- Partner with Trade Marketing to synergize National programs with all assigned Key Accounts.
- Execute Marketing Initiatives and leverage them to drive consumer loyalty and sales.
- Actively manage Pricing consistency across Key Accounts to ensure that our brands have similar Pricing dynamics Nationally
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Key Account cross-functional stakeholders – Retail Operations, Marketing, Buying, and Accounting.
- Work collaboratively with Agent Sales Teams, and TerrAscend Brand Ambassadors to effectively lead Industry and Brand education sessions with key customers.
- Gather and communicate market intelligence to customer and TerrAscend.
- Leverage consumer and customer insights to develop a competitive advantage with customers
- Collaborate and Assist Supply Chain teams with forecasting of regular and new listings.
- Other duties as required
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- University Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Key Account Role within the CPG industry with a proven track record in delivering growth objectives and critical KPI’s
- Strong time management and organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous success in building and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Technologically savvy with the latest computer and data tools, who is comfortable working in a data-driven environment.
- Travel required - Must have a valid driver’s license, and clean drivers abstract.
- Strong analytical skills, with a passion to sort through complex data to find creative business solutions
Key KPI’s To Achieve
- Volume and Share
- In-Store Sales Fundamentals – Distribution, Shelving/Placement, Pricing, Display, Promotion
- Product Quality Standards
Relationship Management: Build and maintain meaningful and valuable relationships that are favorable in driving the annual operating plan. Establish relationships at all levels of the Customer.
Influencing & Networking: Ability to establish and develop mutually beneficial and trusting business relationships with both Customer and Internal cross-functional resources, through cooperation, integrity and strong communication & presentation skills.
Planning and Execution: Create valued business partnerships with Customers; proactively identify business opportunities for the customer; build and execute critical business plans and solutions to drive critical sales fundamentals, including distribution, shelving/planograms, display, pricing initiatives, and promotion.
Analytical Thinking: Ability to gather and consider all relevant information, sort through critical data, make assumptions supported by the data, and present & execute recommended operational action plans.
Time Management: Efficiently and effectively manage all-time requirements of the role, including individual planning time, customer meetings, in-market retail training days with Agent Sales Representatives and Brand Ambassadors, and establishing new relationships with developing customers.
Budget Management: Proactively develop and manage a budget to drive forecasted volume and share growth within accepted Trade practices, according to Brand strategy. Manage all sales expenses within established budgets.
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete a criminal and reference check.
TerrAscend thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
TerrAscend is a supporter of AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act). Accommodation will be provided to all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
TerrAscend is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.