Position Status: FullTime Available, Hourly
Start Date: ASAP
Location: John W. Lindsay YMCA, 5640 Sackville Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Are you focused on the big picture? Do you have a customer service focus, that strives to provide the best service to each client? Are you community minded, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment?
The YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth is looking for dynamic team players to join our community as Personal Trainers for the John W. Lindsay YMCA!
Since 1853 the YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth has been connecting Nova Scotians to build healthy communities. As a non-profit charity we provide vital services, including Health, Employment, Childcare/Camps, Immigrant Services, and youth Development.
The John W. Lindsay YMCA is a 70,000 sf. Health, fitness, and aquatic facility projecting to serve between 6500-8000 members annually. Facility amenities include: 12,000 sf. of conditioning space, 4 exercise studios, indoor walking track, natatorium consisting of a 6 lane-25 m pool, hydrotherapy & teaching pool with a moveable floor, community meeting room, and a child & family centre.
As a Personal Trainer, you play a vital role with direct member support within our fitness facility. Personal Trainers serve an integral function in ensuring responsive, meaningful fitness and rehabilitative services that enhances achievement of individual member whole life fitness goals. This position supports achievement of operational goals through enhanced member experience, engagement, and retention.
Specifically you will:
- Be accountable for tailored, responsive health and wellness program development, delivery, and evaluation in ensuring achievement of enhanced individual quality of life. .
- Program and facilitate personal training sessions for clients of all abilities, creating personal wellness plans and providing lead generation.
- Foster safety culture through preventative education, coaching, intervention all in support of member/participant use of safe body mechanics, proper equipment usage, fitness centre etiquette, and ability to work within personal limits.
- Have the ability to renew clients' personal training packages and obtain new clients.
- Foster a collaborative, inclusive atmosphere in internal/external communications in support of personal training delivery. Ensure to build meaningful relationships by engaging with clients, assessing client capability, actively listening, showing compassion and building rapport.
In joining the YMCA you will become part of a dedicated network of individuals with great passion for providing a holistic support to the communities in which we serve. In addition, you will receive:
- Access to discounted childcare/program rates
- Strong work-life balance programs such as individual and family membership options
As a Personal Trainer, you bring:
- 1-2 years' experience in Personal Training
- Completion of a university or college program, majoring in Kinesiology, Education, or related field an asset
- Personal Training certification (YMCA, CSEP, Canfit Pro, or equivalent)
- Group Fitness Certification is an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid/CPR level C
- Strong customer service/sales skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and establish rapport with clients
- Experience generating internal and external leads
- Bilingual in French, Arabic, etc. is an asset
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Self-motivated, with strong attention to detail & proven member retention experience
- Flexibility to work irregular hours is required
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Successful candidates are required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and valid First Aid and CPR training. Employees are required to attend YMCA Child Protection Training.
We will be accepting applications for these positions until March 25th, 2021 at 4:30pm. We look forward to hearing your story!
The YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth is an equal opportunity employer that values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify.