As the leading provider of employment programs that contribute to the development of the environmental workforce for the past 20 years, we are the source for employers and candidates to receive wage funding support.
Our program gives eligible employers who work in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or Natural Resources up to 50% of a candidate’s salary for new full-time environmental jobs. As a team, we have created over 6000 jobs and are now looking for someone to elevate the program to the next level.
Do you love a fast-paced environment? Are you someone who excels at taking initiative? Do you have the ability to handle a variety of tasks - and even the occasional unexpected challenge with a smile? If so, you might be ECO Canada’s new Program Assistant.
As a key member of the Employment Programs team, your role will be made up of responsibilities that help support and contribute to new and existing relationships and ultimately help participants further their career goals in the environmental industry.
- Perform daily prospective lead contact calls and emails;
- Perform follow up, lead calls, monitoring calls to participants and host organizations;
- All administrative tasks related to the Employment Programs:
- Manage participants and host organizations through the application and approval process for the program.
- Input data and track financials of the Placement Programs.
- Manage contracts, budget and administrative paperwork with the participants and host organizations.
- Become an ambassador for the Placement Programs, help participants and host organizations throughout their placements, including understanding the key success factors and resources available to ensure placement success.
- Provide support for data reporting and analytics.
- Assist in business development opportunities, which may include external email and call campaigns.
- Provide administrative support for the planning and execution of events and promotional activities.
- Perform consistent follow-up and follow-through with prospective applicants Research potential organizations/employer leads and potential new markets, targeting various industry segments across Canada
- Reception coverage and other general office duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
You must have a post-secondary degree/diploma, 1+years of program coordination experience and possess the following skills:
- Great attitude and ability to maintain control while coordinating activities and balancing multiple priorities.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with MS Office.
- Strong organizational and time management skills combined with an acute attention to detail.
- Well-developed, independent work ethic along with ability to communicate with the team and external parties.
- Professional attitude with staff and clients with a focus on providing exceptional service.
- Motivated self-starter with a strong desire to learn and a willingness to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Administrative experience considered an asset.
- Bilingual in English and French considered an asset.
- Must be willing to travel periodically throughout Canada.
This role is a 12-month contract position, with the possibility of turning into a permanent position. If you feel you are the perfect fit for the position and looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible and defined by our collective drive for success, please apply now through our website. Please upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file. Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.