See Yourself in Our Story
Do you want to be a voice for seniors in Calgary? Do you want to help build communities that support independence, dignity, and aging in the community? Do you want to be part of a best-in-class results-based organization?
Our employees make a difference in the Silvera story and the unique stories of each of our 1,500 residents. Our team works every day in our resident’s homes as leading advocates and caring providers of affordable homes and services for lower-income seniors.
We believe in a diverse workforce, career advancement, employee recognition and offering a competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to ongoing training and support for all employees, which helps them to create their careers and excel in providing professional and superior service to our residents.
This, we believe, makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work.
See yourself in our story as a Receptionist.
We currently have casual opportunity for Receptionist, one in our Aspen Community in NE. Reporting to the Administrative Coordinator, the Receptionist is responsible to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the reception area, and support the work of management and other staff. Serves as an ambassador for Silvera and our seniors by providing excellence in administrative support.
• Serves residents, visitors, and families, by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately in a professional and friendly manner.
• Provides support to the Administrative Coordinator and completing the accounting for residents as per Silvera Process, Procedure, and Policy, including associated paperwork and follow-up.
• Enter maintenance requests or repairs into Info Tracker, Responds to all emergency situations including associated follow-up paperwork, Provide tours to visitors and potential residents , Answer, screen, and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic accurate information with a professional and courteous manner, Receives and sort daily mail including deliveries from couriers and prepares the mailbag.
• Maintains security of the community by following procedures and controlling access to the building. (monitor security camera’s, visitor logbook) and Perform other clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing, etc. Communicates all resident issues and concerns to the Administrative Coordinator or Community Manager.
• Works to support Silvera’s service vision and goals; assuring consistent quality in administration duties across Silvera communities. • Support management in ensuring all Supportive Living Accommodation Licensing Act standards related are adhered to.
• Prepares and sends outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels, Forwards voice-mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member. To assist Community Management in the Outbreak Response Program by ensuring compliance with Silvera’s Outbreak Guidelines and the Alberta Health Services Outbreak protocols.
• Participates and promotes the Health and Safety Program and attends other committees as requested. Perform other tasks as assigned
• Completion of Grade 12 Diploma or a GED.
• A minimum of two (2) years’ receptionist or administration experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to relate to seniors. Strong communication skills – both written and oral.
• The ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must possess a flexible, willing and positive attitude and be a team player.
• Needs to be well organized and able to meet deadlines.
For further information on us, please visit our website: www.silvera.ca.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the current high volume of applications, we will not be accepting phone calls about individual applications.
*All pre-screen questions must be answered completed for an application to be processed.
All offers made are contingent upon a successful criminal record check.