See Yourself in Our Story
Casual Active Aging Assistant
Do you want to be a voice for seniors in Calgary? Do you want to help build communities that support independence, dignity, and aging in the community? Do you want to be part of a best-in-class results-based organization?
Our employees make a difference in the Silvera story and in the unique stories of each of our 1,500 residents. Our team works every day in our resident’s homes as leading advocates and caring providers of affordable homes and services for lower-income seniors.
We believe in a diverse workforce, career advancement, employee recognition and offering competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to ongoing training and support for all employees, which helps them to create their careers and excel in providing professional and superior service to our residents.
This, we believe, makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work.
See yourself in our story as an Active Aging Assistant.
We currently have a casual opportunity in our various communities in Calgary. This position is responsible for the implementation and delivery of recreational activities that support the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and psychosocial well-being of our residents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Independently facilitate and assist with the facilitation of programs and activities for residents
- Promote activity by interacting with residents to encourage participation
- Assist residents with the activity as appropriate
- Supervise and support scheduled outings away from the community
- Observe resident participation and responses during the activity
- Work as part of Active Aging team in improving delivery of activities and services
- Degree or Diploma in Recreation Assistant/gerontology is preferred
- Demonstrated passion for and experience working with seniors
- Creativeness, enthusiasm and a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Well organized, creative and adaptable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must have own vehicle as travel is required
For further information about Silvera for Seniors, we encourage you to visit our website at www.silvera.ca
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the current high volume of applications, we will not be accepting Phone calls about individual applications. No Phone Calls Please.
*All pre-screen questions must be answered completed for an application to be processed, incomplete applications may not be considered