See Yourself in Our Story
Dining Services Supervisor
Do you want to be a voice for seniors in Calgary? Do you want to help build communities that support independence, dignity, and aging in the community? Do you want to be part of a best-in-class results-based organization?
Our employees make a difference in the Silvera story and in the unique stories of each of our 1,500 residents. Our team works every day in our resident’s homes as leading advocates and caring providers of affordable homes and services for lower-income seniors.
We believe in a diverse workforce, career advancement, employee recognition and offering competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to ongoing training and support for all employees, which helps them to create their careers and excel in providing professional and superior service to our residents.
This, we believe, makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work.
See yourself in our story as a Chef / Dining Services Supervisor
We currently have a full-time, one year contract opportunity in our dining services department. Reporting directly to the Community Manager, the Dining Services Supervisor is responsible and accountable for the preparation and delivery of all meals and for the direct supervision, support, and communication with all dining service staff in a community environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare and oversee the delivery of food products to the standards established by Silvera, Ensure compliance with all safe food handling practices in accordance with the Board of Health Regulations
- Oversee the work schedules, job duty updates and leave requests and payroll submissions of dining services staff to ensure all shifts are staffed and paid as required
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops dining service staff (in collaboration with Community Management) to meet the needs and goals of the facility and program.
- Provide direction and supervision to all dining services staff including performance reviews and dealing with issues or conflict resolution
- Coordinates schedule of cleaning the kitchen, dining room and food storage areas
- Responsible for weekly and monthly inventory, inventory control and ordering of all food and non-food supplies.
- Review weekly and monthly menus and work within the budget
- Direct and prepare food for all special events
- Possess certification from professional culinary training institutions, Journeymen Red Seal, Professional Cooking Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Supervisory experience in catering, restaurant, or in a similar capacity within institutions or senior citizen’s facilities. Equivalencies will be considered
- Must be able to work independently, and as a team member, and demonstrate strong organizational skills to be able to meet deadlines
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to relate well to all community members
- Possess a high standard of hygiene and personal appearance.
- Must have current First aid, WHMIS, Safe Food Handling Course
- Must demonstrate the intermediate capacity to work with computer programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be comfortable with traveling to other communities of Silvera as and when required.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the current high volume of applications, we will not be accepting phone calls about individual applications.
*All pre-screen questions must be answered completed for an application to be processed.
All offers made are contingent upon a successful criminal record check.