See Yourself in Our Story
Do you want to be a voice for seniors in Calgary? Do you want to help build communities that support independence, dignity and aging in community? Do you want to be part of a best-in-class results-based organization?
Our employees make a difference in the Silvera story and in the unique stories of each of our 1,500 residents. Our team works every day in our resident’s homes as leading advocates and caring providers of affordable homes and services for lower-income seniors.
We believe in a diverse workforce, career advancement, employee recognition and offering competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to ongoing training and support for all employees, which helps them to create their careers and excel in providing professional and superior service to our residents.
This, we believe, makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work.
See yourself in our story as a Floater Cook
We currently have a full-time opportunity in our Willow Park on the Bow Community in NE Calgary. Reporting to the Dining Services Supervisor, the Cook is responsible for the preparation and delivery of meals as assigned and responsible to act in the capacity of the Dining Services Supervisor in their absence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the preparation, delivery of food, organization and cleanliness of the kitchen and food storage areas to the standard established by Silvera.
- Responsible to serve meals and also responsible for the kitchen’s compliance to all safe food handling procedures to meet the standards of Public Health regulations
- Responsible to act as Dining Services Supervisor when necessary
- Receives and controls inventory of all food, non-food supplies and chemicals in cooperation with the Dining Services Supervisor.
- Participates in and promotes Silvera’s Health and Safety program. Reports any safety issues to the Community Manager or designate and is knowledgeable in emergency procedures and can act accordingly
- Required to travel between all communities to relieve other cooks on vacation or extended leaves of absence
- Must have at least one (1) year’s institutional cooking experience
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written
- Must possess a flexible, willing, and positive attitude and a high standard of hygiene and personal appearance
- Must have WHMIS, Food Handling courses, and may be required to hold First Aid certification.
- “Red Seal”/journeyman’s papers or pursuing this training preferred.
- Must be able to work independently or as a team member, and must be able to meet deadlines.
For further information about Silvera for Seniors, we encourage you to visit our website at www.silvera.ca . We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.