ECO Canada is the
steward for the Canadian environmental workforce across all industries. From
job creation and wage funding, to training and labour market research – we
champion the end-to-end career of an environmental professional. We work with
the federal, provincial, and municipal governments in all Canadian regions to
support economic growth and environmental stewardship as best practice.
work at ECO Canada, you are supporting the growth of an abundant environmental
workforce. Along with competitive benefits and compensation, we provide the
opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team that values collaboration, high
performance and, of course, celebrating our successes! We believe that
rewarding, meaningful work should be part of every step of the career journey.
Do you love a fast-paced environment? Are you someone who excels at taking initiative? Do you have the ability to handle a variety of tasks - and even the occasional unexpected challenge with a smile? If so, you might be ECO Canada’s new Project Administrative Assistant.
As a key member of the Employment Programs team, your role will be made up of responsibilities that help support and contribute to new and existing relationships and ultimately help participants further their career goals in the environmental industry.
While each member of ECO Canada has individual responsibilities, ECO takes a team-based approach. Everyone is encouraged to take ownership of his/her ideas and to see them through to completion, collaborating with key influencers as required.
- Answer all incoming team calls;
- Respond to general emails & filter/sort other emails that need to be addressed by Placement Coordinators;
- Review and file placement documents;
- Approve student, participant, and host applications for all programs;
- Follow up on stale dated applications;
- Audit new placements: ensure documents are returned within 10 business days;
- Be an ambassador for the Employment Programs, help participants and host organizations throughout their placements, including understanding the key success factors and resources available to ensure placement success;
- Provide support for data reporting and analytics;
- Assist in business development opportunities, which may include external email and call campaigns;
- Provide administrative support for the planning and execution of events and promotional activities;
- Opportunity to travel to conduct site visits, participate in networking events and other promotional or project specific events as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
You must have a post-secondary degree/diploma, 1+ years of administrative experience and possess the following skills:
- Great attitude and ability to maintain control while coordinating activities and balancing multiple priorities;
- Proficient computer skills and experience with MS Office;
- Strong organizational and time management skills combined with an acute attention to detail;
- Well-developed, independent work ethic along with ability to communicate with the team and external parties;
- Professional attitude with staff and clients with a focus on providing exceptional service;
- Motivated self-starter with a strong desire to learn and a willingness to adapt to a variety of situations;
- Administrative experience considered an asset;
- Bilingual in English and French considered an asset;
- Must be willing to travel periodically throughout Canada.
This role is temporary position until March 31, 2021. If you feel you are the perfect fit for the position and looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible and defined by our collective drive for success, please apply now through our website. Please upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file. Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.