Canadian Sport Institute delivers sport performance programs
and services to provide athletes and coaches with every advantage to win medals
for Canada. Together with our national and provincial sport partners we are creating an improved system to develop
athletes and coaches, advance sport development throughout BC and drive the
development of sport performance facilities. We
provide athletes and coaches with support services that complement their
performance goals while investing in their post-sport career opportunities.
We are currently seeking an
enthusiastic and committed individual to join our team in the capacity
FINANCE COORDINATOR (1.0 FTE)
Canadian Sport Institute Pacific (CSI Pacific) is seeking an enthusiastic and
committed individual for the position of Finance
Coordinator. The Coordinator, Finance
will work as a member of the Finance team to establish best practices in
financial management by developing innovative, efficient and effective systems
and processes and in performing full cycle accounting, financial reporting and
payroll. They will also support the Vancouver campus by acting as the main
administrator for campus issues.
CORE COMPETENCIES: CSI PACIFIC
SECONDARY COMPETENCIES / REQUIRED SKILLS: FINANCE
- Finance Knowledge
CORE STRATEGY: BUSINESS OPERATIONS
and sustaining an optimal daily working environment
KEY DELIVERABLES & SPECIFIC DUTIES:
1. FULL CYCLE ACCOUNTING
- Assist with Accounts Payable management and be responsible
for transaction processing.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable management and be
responsible for transaction processing.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations
of various bank accounts and process bank deposits.
- Perform account reconciliations, and GL management.
- Maintain and process
all monthly corporate
- Manage eCommerce systems (Square, PayPal, and Cvent).
- Assist with CRA filings
and WorkSafeBC remittances.
CONTROLS AND FINANCIAL REPORTING
- Ensure expense reimbursement, policies, and internal controls
are being followed.
- Maintain systematic
records of business
transactions and support.
- Assist with implementation
of financial policies and procedures.
3. PAYROLL AND BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION
- Act as the payroll liaison
with Payworks; generate
semi-monthly payroll adjustments and submit semi-monthly timesheets for hourly
- Administration and maintenance of staff RRSP program.
the reconciliation between
Payworks and the different
employee benefits packages (CHUBB, RRSP, MSP and GroupSource)
4. AUDIT MANAGEMENT
- Coordinate and perform requests by auditors.
- Compile electronic files and hardcopy
paperwork for auditors
- Act as key contact
for Vancouver campus
- Coordinate the Vancouver campus
office and office
systems including filing
(electronic and hardcopy), and storage.
6. OTHER DUTIES
- Assists Senior
Accountant with ad hoc tasks or projects
- Address any accounting and finance related requests or inquiries
- Other duties as
required by the Institute
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education in accounting/bookkeeping or a
- 2+ years bookkeeping, AP and AR experience, or a
mixture of related education and experience
- Experience with QuickBooks (QuickBooks Online preferred)
- Experience with MS Office
- Working towards a professional accounting designation
- Experience with Payworks
- Not-for-profit and/or Restricted funding accounting experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and accounting software
- Exceptional ability to execute multiple projects and
assignments without error, but with high attention to detail
- Strong ability to follow-through project implementation
and finish several on-going projects within budget and on time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high
degree of independence and initiative
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Good team building skills and the ability to be flexible
and adjust to changing priorities
- Knowledge of payroll standards and regulations
- Working knowledge of Square payment system
WORK LOCATION: CSI Pacific Vancouver
Campus @ #708-333 Terminal Ave., Vancouver BC V6A 4C1
COMPENSATION: $40,000 salary commensurate
with qualifications and experience, plus a full competitive benefits package
and group savings plan.
- Primary work location is Vancouver office.
- This is a full time (37.5 hours/week) ongoing
- Expected start date is as soon as possible
CLOSING DATE: Position will remain
opened until filled
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and cover letter as ONE document
via our GetHired page: https://canadiansportinstitutepacific.gethired.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest;
however please note that only those selected for an interview will be
Canadian Sport Institute Pacific is an equal opportunity employer
Canadian Sport Institute
Pacific – Powering Performance. Inspiring Excellence.